UND Counseling Resources

Thank you for participating in our study.

Some people may have found the content of the study questions upsetting. As a reminder, all UND students are eligible to receive counseling services on campus at Student Health Services or the University Counseling Center (UCC). We have also provided a list of non-campus referrals below.

1)  University of North Dakota Counseling Center

The UCC offers a variety of services to students, faculty and staff including:

  • Short-term counseling (such as group, individual, and couples counseling)
  • Alcohol and other drug counseling
  • Career counseling

Call 701-777-2127 to make an appointment

2) A.D.A.P.T. Inc.

ADAPT focuses on the practice and acquisition of skills so that each individual has the opportunity to bring about positive change in their lifestyle.

Local Location:
Grand Forks ADAPT Office
1201 Dyke Ave
Grand Forks, ND 58203
Office: 701-772-1011
Fax: 701-772-1555
Email: grandforks@adaptincnd.com
Office Hours: 7:00am – 9:00pm CDT
*Schedule by Appointment only*

3) SAMHSA’s Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

Call: (1-800) 662-HELP (4357) (English and Español)

Through this service you can speak directly to a representative concerning substance abuse treatment, request printed material on alcohol or other drugs, or obtain local substance abuse treatment referral information in your State.  This site can help facilitate appropriate access to mental health care that is appropriate if you do not have health insurance or financial means to pay for counseling and/or continued monitoring.

4) Alcoholics Anonymous – Grand Forks

No-cost 12 step treatment program

Contact information:
401 N. 7th Street
Grand Forks, ND 58203
Call: 701-330-4339

5) National Crisis Hotlines

  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) (24 hrs/day)
  • 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
  • Text Telephone: 1-800-799-4TTY (1-800-799-4889)

Trauma hotline: 800-656-4673 (HOPE)